- Hire people who are better than you in their discipline; not subordinates.
- Focus yourself on key priorities — move a few things forward a mile rather than a lot of things forward an inch.
- Focus your people on results; not activities.
- Demand commitment; not compliance.
- Encourage and reward open, honest, and insightful thinking; not going with the flow.
- Expect people to fail now and then. Mistakes are part of learning.
© Copyright 2017 Bob Legge
Bob Legge provides organizations with the ability to exceed their most ambitious goals. I work with leaders of Fortune 500 companies, small and mid-size companies, nonprofits, education, and government. Together, we drive strategy, lead successful change, develop high performance cultures, improve individual and organizational performance, and produce faster, sustainable growth and value. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org